Forrester Research has released it’s latest report: “The Forrester Wave™ Lead-To-Revenue Management Platform Vendors” in which top marketing automation vendors are evaluated on 75 criteria. The criteria is grouped into three high-level buckets: Current Offering, Strategy, and Market Presence – which, combined, determined the Forrester Wave™ rankings.
Adobe, Act-On CallidusCloud, IBM, Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce.com, Salesfusion, Silverpop are included in the report. According to Forrester, Teradata (Aprimo) and HubSpot were invited to participate, but these companies declined.
No surprise that Oracle (Eloqua) and Marketo lead the pack for Enterprise level users with Adobe close behind. Act-On is the only vendor to be classified a Leader in both Forrester Wave™ market categories – Small Marketing Teams and Large Enterprises. Act-On and Salesfusion are mentioned as Leaders for smaller marketing teams.
Forrester sees positive results from companies that have implemented a marketing automation platform:
- Contribute more to the sales pipeline. Marketing automation contributes 44% of the sales pipeline via marketing programs versus the 34% contribution from firms that had not implemented marketing automation.
- Have higher levels of process maturity. Lead-to-revenue processes were defined, documented, and consistently followed.
- Measure results more holistically. Companies with Marketing automation are far more likely to have a multifaceted performance management system.
- Collaborate better with their sales colleagues. Marketing automation adopters have a 13% collaboration advantage (54% to 41%) in defining and executing field programs. Fifty-seven percent of the marketing automation adopters report strong collaboration in capturing insight from customers and prospects, compared with 41% of those that are not automated. The dimension of administering leads and lead pipelines posted a collaborative advantage of 12%.
Forrester reports that marketing automation product portfolios are very similar for each company from a features and functionality standpoint. However, B2B marketing leaders need to ‘right size’ the solution based on the following criteria:
- Ease of use
- Marketing process management
- Functionality needs created by scale
- CRM integration
- Capabilities to support global operations
- Pricing and pricing models.
Download “The Forrester Wave: Lead-To-Revenue Management Platform Vendors”.