According to Datanyze, Hubspot is the leader in marketing automation market share for installations. Datanyze works by reading the actual systems that are embedded in marketers’ web sites.
Venture Beat has used this information to create the following Marketing Automation index:
- Hubspot: Simplicity and accessibility, plus power, all in one package
- Marketo: Explosive growth and a wide range of tools
- Eloqua: The power of enterprise and the usability of a modern startup, nicely married
- Salesforce: A vision of ultimate connectedness in Salesforce1, and a lot of present reality in AppExchange, plus, of course, Pardot
- SAS: Power, power, power. Pricy, but perhaps the most user-friendly big-company solution
- IBM: Power to spare but be prepared to integrate and train and launch (IBM owns Unica)
- InfusionSoft: Built-in e-commerce, drag-and-drop campaigns
- Act-On: Strong mid-market performer with a focus on non-tech, non-Silicon Valley companies.
- LoopFuse: Very affordable starting pricing
- Silverpop: Amazing for email
It is important to remember that these figures are counting clients, not revenue: HubSpot has three times as many clients than Marketo but 10% less 2013 revenue ($77.6 million for HubSpot and $85.1 million for Marketo).